MSN Search

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Finding a Mortgage Broker

So, I recently moved to Washington State from the East Coast. Before coming out here, I was in the process of buying a house. Well, prices for places here are way more than North Carolina. A mortgage back in NC for $200,000 could get you 2000 sqft. easily. Here on the eastside (meaning east of Seattle) $200k gets you the basement of a 1950's rambler that hasn't seen renovation since the Nixon administration.

Problem I've had is finding not only a real estate agent, but a trustworthy mortgage broker. A friend from High School was my NC Real Estate Agent and I used her preferred broker. Out here I have to rely on word of mouth and internet sites for mortgage brokers.

Best practices for finding the right choice and narrowing the selection is how you search for the term. Just searching mortgage broker won't give you the best results. Also, if you live in a smaller city, choose a bigger city to help improve the results. I think there are only a handful of mom and pop brokers where I am, so I chose the closest big city for the search - Bellevue WA Mortgage Broker

Right now I am sorting through my choices of who to go with. It's important to get references and build choices off of referrals. I've heard too many stories of people getting screwed over by shady agents and brokers who were either dishonest, didn't know what they were doing, or were juggling too many clients.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search