MSN Search

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Fairly Decent News Day

So after reading my friend Mark's blog, I realized I hadn't been paying much attention to the news. I think subconsciously I was avoiding it because it really has sucked so much. After working yet another long day, I tuned in my XM radio (that love story to be told later) to the news. Of course the first story had to be about Schiavo. 12 days now without her feeding tube, but the real story is Jesse Jackson showed up to pray with the parents. I can't say I'm too surprised, JJ has been hiding out for several months now and this seems like an opportune time to show that ugly head of his. All this talk about human rights and the ability to make a choice by liberals but I ask - Where were you when Elian Gonzalez was carted back to Cuba. You all didn't seem to mind so much when Reno sent a swat team in to take the kid. I love this article comparing Schiavo and Elian.

The next story was about Jerry Falwell. Apparently his health has failed him again and he is in the hospital in fair condition with a form of pneumonia. The weird thing is, I just saw him last Friday when I was visiting my girlfriend's parents in Lynchburg. He was leaving O'Charleys restaurant, which to my understanding is a personal favorite of his. He seemed to look fine to me, except for those devil horns sticking out of his head…..

There was an update on the pope and his inability to eat – boring. Finally, I heard the tragic news that Johnnie Cochran died. He had a brain tumor, which was never disclosed to the public. One of the great celebrity lawyers, he defended the guilty and managed to get them free – Mike Jackson, OJ, Todd Bridges, and P. Diddy Puff and Stuff Sean Combs to name a few. I'd like to see him defend himself at the pearly gates in front of the honorable St. Peter.

Of course there were some more stories, some involving the recent school shooting and Kofi Annan saying "hell no" he won't step down. In all, I think the news is starting to get back to "normal," whatever the hell that really means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search