MSN Search

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Cruise Control Costs How Much?

Okay, so now you know that only idiots pay sticker price. Sticker price is for Saturns, Scions, and stupid SOB's. So, how much should you pay? Well, Since you took my previous advice, you already know what others are paying. A good place to start is pay less than that! I'll be honest - I got my '05 Accord LX for $18850. They gave me $350 for my 86 Mazda 626 (I'll discuss trade-ins later) which got my final bill to 18500. That was the out the door price. Tax, title, tag, blah, blah, blah was included. Now, that alone would have been an extra grand plus. Now, Edmunds told me people are paying $19,645 and that's not including the 3 T's. So, based on these numbers, I payed $2000 less than others. That's roughly 10%. I'm sure others have gotten a better deal, but I think it's great.

Dig through these sites, find out how much those fog lights cost, or if a cargo net is really worth $56. Honda add ons weren't available through Edmunds, but you can get price quotes through the build and quote page. Find out if it's really worth getting that sports package when all you want are the wheel upgrades and nifty gear shift.

Next Topic: Technology is Your Best Asset

***Writer's Note: I picked up the car today at lunch. I'm pretty happy about it. I'm still getting used to that new car smell and the fact I have a car radio. The only thing I need for it now are some Wal-Mart Spinners and the Crown Air Freshener. Thankfully my first payment isn't until next month, so I can pretend for the time being that I still have money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search