MSN Search

Monday, February 07, 2005

**You Stuck Evan

Ever wish your day was a video game? Lately I've been having this daydream that I was living in some weirdly criss-crossed universe with the game Halo 2. This obsession might be stemmed from the fact that for the past couple months I spend my entire lunch hour playing at my good friend Evan's house. It's a great break from the workday, and up until recently I was semi descent at the game. However, my happiness level drops to about a -15 on a scale of 1-10 when I actually have to go back to the grind.

Now, if only there was someway to turn my workplace into a game of Halo, the days would go by so much better. Armed with my sub machine gun and magnum (my favorite weapon combo) and a full load of fragment and plasma grenades, I'd be ready for a full day of work. Now, before I continue, this isn't some Whacked out Columbine plan where I'm actually going to freak out and rampage my office. You see, the good thing about Halo is you come back to life after a few seconds. I wish nobody harm at my job because I love it there - I'd just like to stick a plasma grenade upside some coworkers' heads every now and then. 3 seconds later, their head would explode, body would go into convulsions, and that wonderful phrase would pop up "*You stuck {insert name}." Usually on Fridays there is a big Nerf Gun war in the office, so I just live the fantasy through that. I scored a Melee last week.

Now, I haven't really thought out what constitutes a workHalo kill, but stupidity ranks up there at the top. People who talk to me like i'm three would be the first to go. Sometimes I'd just throw a grenade across the office to see who I could get. The setup of the office would make for some tough grenade shots. there isn't much of a sniper spot, so I probably wouldn't get a medal for that. The one medal I'd like to get is "Assassin." It only has a difficulty factor of 2, but I'd love to register the covented "You assassinated GuyWhoWipesBoogersOnTheUrinalWall." Other easy medals to get a work would be the Double and Triple kill (stupidity in numbers), and the Roadkill (our office scooters can reak havoc).

Well, that's enough of my healthy obsession with reality and video games. I'm sure I could write page after page talking about The Sims, Civilization, and all these sports games that let you personalize your character.

I'd like to thank my good friend Evan (co-creator of the highly successful PartyEastCarolina and PartyInCollege network of sites) for contributing the idea of bringing Halo to the workplace and allowing me to vent on his xbox.

I'd also like to point out the new blog my friend Mark just started. He took the time and effort to leech my first post and make one of his own. I'm sure this won't be the last time. Do yourself a favor and check his site out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search