MSN Search

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Technology is Your Best Asset

Almost every dealer has an internet sales division. The best part about these people is that you never have to meet them. You could realistically buy a car and never have to look these people in the eye. Now, I emailed the 3 dealers in the area and told them exactly what I was interested in. I only got 2 responses, 1 good, 1 bad. To make a long story short, I actually called the sales manager and he refused to negotiate a price. I gave him a (fake) quoted price and he wouldn't match it. I was shocked. It turned out that my fake price was actually only $20 off the real quote I received the next day. But can you believe he wouldn't even price match? Come to find out, this is a really good time for dealers with all the tax rebates coming in.

I'm getting away from the point, which is email or fax these dealers. Let them know exactly what you want. The email should be something to this effect:

"I'm looking to purchase a {insert year, make, model, style] with [insert extra features like mudguards]. I prefer the color to be [insert color] with a [insert color] interior. I will be buying a car in [insert # of days,week, month] . I only want to be contacted by email.”

You should get a response in a day or less. Now, after you get a response, don't let them try and upsell you. Remember - you know what you want! You already did the research and are ready to get the vehicle of your dreams (or budget!).

Next segment: What am I an Idiot?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search