MSN Search

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Softball Game - Inside the Park Home Run

Well, I signed up to play softball this summer with a bunch of coworkers. Our first game was tonight. Actually, it was a doubleheader. I haven't played softball in 8 years and was a little nervous on how I'd do. Well, my first at bat was pretty nice - I hit an inside the park home run. with a 1-2 count, I drilled one over the center fielder's head. Thomas Shaffer HR KingI don't really remember much of the at bat, except that I was breathing pretty heavy rounding third. I think the cutoff man (or woman) bobbled the ball which allowed me to score. it was the first game and first at bat of the season, so that was pretty cool. As you can see, our teams fill the stands.

Unfortunately, that was the only big highlight for me as our team dropped both games. I'm batting 1.000 for the season, but I'm sure that will change. After the Home run, the rest of my hits were singles. I think I might have had an rbi or two, I was too busy to remember. I'm also the team manager, which is a very demanding position. You wouldn't think coed softball could be hard, but imagine a team with players who have never played the game before. It's definitely a challenge. I sat out the entire first game and only played one inning in the second game. We also need to get some pitchers. Our first pitcher left with an injury and the second was out there WAY too long. She did a great job, but it's really hard to pitch 1 1/2 games.

Hopefully we'll get a win or two this season. We all need to work on the fundamentals of the game. It's just tough because we don't have any practice times set up and everyone at work is busy. Maybe I'll just concentrate on the after game festivities. A beer tastes so good after a game, win or lose.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Vlad?

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search