MSN Search

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Car: One Year Later

So just over a year ago, I bought a new car. It's a wonderful 2005 Honda Accord LX and I've managed to keep the mileage below standards. I had a few posts on how to buy a car and I think I did pretty good. Well, a lot of things change in a year, like getting changing jobs, moving across America, getting married, and finding out that a stick shift in a hilly area is not the best thing for a novice (the wife).

So, we decided to get a new car. Since money is tight, we can't both have a car so we are going to trade in the Accord and get a CR-V. It's smaller which is good for all the damn compact car parking around here, it's got decent space so we can lug stuff around (like my new bike when i get it), and it's a Honda which means affordable, safe, reliable, and holds value.

I'm supposed to go visit the guy today, and I'm a little nervous. I've never had to trade in a new car, only cars older than the Olsen Twins. It's a lot different, however I did follow my advice and looked on the KBB site and found the blue book values for both the trade-in and the new car. I have researched on Edmunds, however this time around I found KBB to have prices more in my favor. The trade in for KBB was a lot higher and would cover what I owe. I've got 5 dealerships that I'm talking to their internet rep. I actually like the guy we test drove with the other day, so I'll try my best to give him the sale. That being said, If i can get the same car for a dollar less somewhere else - peace out! Anyway, Hopefully these guys will beat each other up over the price and i'll end up with a solid deal. So far the offers are sitting just around invoice. My goal this car purchase is to get below invoice. For the Honda I paid $500 over, and even though I got a solid deal, I want a better one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search