MSN Search

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Best Birthday Present Ever

"Make sure you go to the PO Box before you come home for lunch."

That was all I was told. Of course, when I get there, a package (not addressed to me) from my Mom is there. I got home and my wife, Ashley, took the package from me and said "Thanks." After several failed attempts at finding out what was in the box, I gave up. I knew it had something to do with my birthday, but I couldn't make the connection with my Mom.

So after my review (flying stars, naturally), I come home to find "some" dinner being made. I noticed green beans and that the oven was on, but nothing out of the ordinary. Ashley pulled me aside and tied a shirt around my eyes and brought me back in for a smell and taste test. First was the smell. Well, I'm not really good at smelling nor am I good at leaning into a hot oven blindfolded, so I was unable to detect a distinct aroma. I did comment that the smell was "greasy". The next was a taste test.

As soon as that creamy goodness hit my taste buds, my mind started racing. That sweet, sweet taste can only be one thing - Bojangles honey mustard! The blindfold was removed and the oven door was opened to reveal the best birthday present ever - Bojangles chicken supreme strips! The meal was rounded off with some mashed potatoes. Check out the picture for instant drooling. Best Birthday PresentThere were 13 strips total, and I think I had 8. Very, very yummy. I got the story on the whole operation. Basically Ashley and my Mom split the HUGE shipping costs to fedex the chicken to here next day. The chicken was kept cold by a nice little insulated lunch bag and a few ice packs. I was told the chicken was still cold. It's been 6 hours since dinner and I haven't been sick so I'll take her word for it. Afterwords we made a dessert we saw on FoodTV - Chocolate Hazelnut Ravioli. Basically it's fried wontons stuffed with Nutella. If you haven't had Nutella before, get your ass to a World Market or CostCo fast. This stuff can be spread on anything! If you don't believe me, ask my chocoholic friend Evan.

So, a great birthday present for the big 3-0. I'm thinking of a cool post for the special event, I just need to hash out a few details. Anyway, I'm off to dream about the best birthday present ever (besides season tickets to the Cubs)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

mmm that does sound good, but its not over yet :)

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Thomas! Have a great day! We miss you!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search