MSN Search

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

For The Love of Money

Deal or No Deal is great. I could do without all the corny stuff like the banker calls and Howie Mandel, but I'll live. If you haven't watched this show, find a tv at 8pm and tune to NBC. Basically there are 26 suitcases each filled with various amounts of money up to $1 million dollars (or more). You pick one, then begin to open a series of cases. If you don't open the big dollar ones, the banker offers to "buy" your case (as it may be the $1 million). You can either take the offer, or say "No deal" and press your luck.

It's a great study for the greediness of man and our inability to do some probability mathematics (or statistics) when high stake money is involved.

Tonight also was the premiere of the new Amazing Race season. Teams race across the world in hopes of winning a million dollars. The best part of this show is seeing all the exotic places you'll probably never visit and watching relationships of people you don't know either grow stronger or unravel at an alarming rate. The couples always seem to get along the worst. I wonder how many contestant breakups and divorces have occured. Maybe one day I'll get on the show, either with my wife or good friend. I think winning would be easy with either one of those at my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search