MSN Search

Monday, November 07, 2005

Chicken Nuggets Man Style

I'm no Emeril, but since I've been living the batchelor life of a married man, I've learned a thing or two around the kitchen. Now, most of the time my meals revolve around the single best kitchen invention - The George Foreman Grill. For those of you with one, I'm preaching to the choir. For those without one, I'm sorry your life is incomplete. I've decided to post a few recipes up every now and then to show that even guys with no kitchen experience can make some good meals without burning down the house.

Below is a recipe I stole from my favorite southern cook - Ms. Paula Dean. If you haven't seen her show, TiVo that show tomorrow. I knew she was a great cook the first time I saw her show. She had a quart sized bottle of Texas Pete (the best hot sauce in the world). Anyway, The recipe for the chicken nuggets is below, I've just made some minor changes. it takes 25 minutes including cook time to make. Enjoy.

Single Guy Cooking


HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS MAN-STYLE


2 cups crushed sour-cream-and-onion-flavored potato chips (Lay's style not Ruffles)
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
4 chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes (Makes about 20 nuggets)
1/3 cup butter, melted
Crushed Red Pepper
Paprika
Preheated over @ 350

Crush the potato chips inot a small container. Beat together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Grab a handful of the chicken cubes and dip them in the egg mixture and then roll them in the chips. Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. sprinkle some red pepper to add a little kick. Dash the nuggets with paprika to help "golden" the nuggets. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Eat the chicken nuggets!

These nuggets are awesome. I ate every single one I made and enjoyed every bite. These taste even better with a good honey mustard sauce or BBQ sauce.

As you can see, this is super easy to make. With all that butter and potato chips it's also unhealthy so you KNOW it tastes great. For other great recipes, check out Jen and her blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

A little habanero sauce would liven things up. Gotta have the nuggets spicy!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search