MSN Search

Friday, October 28, 2005

Xbox 360 Preview

So, one of the perks of working for out in Redmond is you have access to a bunch of new products and services before the rest of the world (sometimes). Well, last week, Xbox released a few 360's around the US to various stores. Well, the MSFT visitor center has (I believe) six setups going. Three games were being played, Call of Duty 2, King Kong, and some other game (never seen it before).

After a 5 minute wait, I got to play my first game of 360. It was Call of Duty 2. I played the first one, so I was pretty familiar with the controls. Speaking of controls, the new joystick/pad whatever you call it is pretty sweet. It felt very comfortable and familiar to me. I didn't get to see the box because it was locked behind a cage, but I had seen one a few weeks ago and I'm impressed. The pictures floating around the internet doesn't do the console justice.

Anyway, The graphics for COD2 were tight. Everything seemed to run smooth, and I didn't see anything crazy like people walking through walls or sword jumping. I watched the guy play King Kong. The graphics are amazing, but I don't think the gameplay is too exciting. I didn't watch much of it, so I can only comment on the one scene/mission I saw.

I'm looking forward to the release. I still haven't decided if I was going to buy one. If I do, I might throw it up on Ebay so I can make some $$$. Every christmas there has been an artificial shortage of the hot item (They can make enough xboxes, they just want to keep the buzz high - I don't blame them). Hopefully my buddy Robert will get his and the HDTV he's been drooling about and I can leech off him. Kinda what I did with Halo 2 live with Evan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search