MSN Search

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Viva Las Vegas Shaffer Family Vacation

Okay, so my definition of family is me and the wife, but still, we are off to Las Vegas! 4 days of fun in Sin City. We leave early Friday and are staying at the Flamingo. Yeah, it's cheesy, but that's why I like it. Neon lights, hot pink everywhere, older vegas feel to it (none of that Venetian crap) and one of the best pools in Vegas. Oh yeah, and it's on the strip and a great central location for our plans. Friday night we are going to see David Spade do some standup. On Saturday, it's Jimmy Buffett at MGM!

This is our first vacation as a married couple. We got to go to Victoria when my Mom was out here, but this is the first one by ourselves. We are leaving Sammy at home alone. Hopefully we won't come back to a burned down building.

So, no updates for me in the next few days. I have a ton of things on my mind and lots to blog about, but I've just been too busy. Also, having your brand new car break down isn't the best experience either.

Great things to keep you busy over the weekend:
Secret Stash: Build yourself that Scooby-Doo hidden room you've always wanted
ABC's Lost Review: check out this great review site for ABC's hit show Lost. I've even contributed (once).
UNC Football Coach Search: Who will replace John Bunting? Evan thinks Butch Davis is using UNC to get a better paycheck.
Do-It-Yourself: You can have a cool Mac wannabe power cord too! How to build a magnetic power cord like the Apple MagSafe Connector.
Book Swap: Similiar to the hit tv show Wife Swap, you can now swap books!
Pumpkin Head: No more Triangle eyes and teeth for pumpkins! Free PDF pumpkin carvings that will really make some noise. Somebody please do the Calvin and Hobbes one!
Double Down: Blackjack strategy for the novice. This won't work on the $100 tables I'll be at. I won't be at them gambling, I'll just be at them!

Viva Las Vegas Everybody. Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

have fun, don't lose all your money, and def don't play 3 card monte on the street

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you two driving or flying? How far is Vegas from Washington State anyway?

And this is your first trip after the wedding? What about your honeymoon?

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search