MSN Search

Monday, October 09, 2006

MSN Soapbox Beta Site is Live

I got my beta invitation to MSN Soapbox today. You probably haven't heard much about it since there is other big news. Anyway, Microsoft is getting into the video site market.

Initial reactions are that it is pretty good. Considering youtube was founded just under two years ago, MSN has done a good job of improving the site functionality - both in looks and with technical aspects.

I uploaded a couple videos and it was really easy. There is currently a limit of 100 megs per video, no idea if this is going to be temporary or not. Server costs are a big concern with sites like this. Below is a copy of a video I uploaded. I made this in college with my future best man and beloved dogg. I know I know - Scorcese and Spielberg SHOULD be afraid.

MSN Soapbox is so far a cool site, I just hope that they find a way to popularize it and more importantly monetize it for the stake of my stock.


Video: Duff Dogg Day Afternoon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search