MSN Search

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mark Cuban Is Funny and Right - Often

Evan and I trade links back and forth all day. One site that we always seem to jump at first is Mark Cuban's Blog. For those who don't know anything about sports or the internet, Cuban is the owner of the NBA Dallas Mavericks and former owner of broadcast.com

I'd like to think it's the money, cause Cuban says pMark Cuban Gootuberetty much whatever the hell he wants to and doesn't necessarily have to deal with the consequences. For example, if I was to rip into my employer about some of the less than intelligent moves that have been made, I'd be looking for a job. Cuban doesn't have a higher authority, so he can say what he feels. Sure, people try to linkbait him to show that they are cool, but those people are full of themselves and IMO deserve a cockpunch.

Back to Cuban. He's been talking a lot about the Google Youtube deal, and gotten some shit. He said it was a bad idea - actually moronic. I agree. He said copyright owner s are going to get mad and eventually take action. I agree. He's compared NBA officials to DQ managers. I agree. The only thing we don't agree on is the NBA - I think it sucks, but I applaud him for trying to make it change. If I had millions, i'd probably do the same (right after I got the Cubs a World Series ring).

Today Cuban cut through all the bs and told the story how it is - cynically of course. He goes case by case showing how he can put music on his Ipod (maybe if he sends me his address, I'll buy and send him a Zune) all without worrying about copyright laws or any of that RIAA hassle. He also points out that just because "everyone is doing it" or there is a majority opinion doesn't make it right (see 2000 US Presidential election).


Mark Cuban is bringing Sexy Back, and I like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Hi Thomas,

I agree that Mark has an amazing ability to cut through the hype and get to the heart of a situation in a way that few are able to do, whether because others are afraid or because they lack the vision to see a path that is other than conventional.

It's not the money talking, it's Mark. Even ten years ago, before his big deal with Yahoo!, Mark spoke his mind the same way, albeit to fewer people than the millions who read BlogMaverick daily!

A movie producer as well a pioneer in the development of streaming media on the Web, Mark brings a unique perspective to this discussion that would be virtually impossible to find anywhere else.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

MSN Search